Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where to begin..

I suppose this should start with what I'm doing right now. I think I'll do a list format.. feeling a bit too lazy today to do paragraph transitions.

1. I ordered a few nursery letters for Lukas in January that arrived a couple days ago. They didn't turn out at all like I wanted them to, so I'm currently covering them up with paper and re-doing them myself. I requested an airplane theme and they came with little cut-out contruction shapes of airplanes that still had pencil marks on them. I figure that I have enough artsy talent to fix them, and I'll post pictures as soon as they are finished as I've already ruined them by ripping all of those planes off :) Moral of the story, don't purchase scrapbooked letters for your nursery from this seller. If you're planning on buying from ebay, send me a note and I'll let you know who I ordered from.

2. Last night Jess showed me her friend's new blog, which details one-two weeks of menu plans with recipes. I think it's great and really saves me alot of time trying to figure out what to feed Justin. Here's a link:
http://delovelydinners.blogspot.com/
Yes, I know, you're welcome.

3. Justin's been going through ALS, which is a mandatory 4-5 week program sort of like school. The participants do not go to regular work, but they attend a seminar style class Monday through Friday on base. It's a long day for Justin, as he gets up at 5, leaves around 6 and doesn't come back home until 5:30-6:30. Luke goes to bed at 7, so Justin has been taking over the pre-bedtime playing and changing. Justin seems to enjoy everything except for the homework and is working toward receiving special recognition for his quality of participation. Depending on how well you do, lead, etc., you are awarded a title. Kind of like Most-Likely-To-____ from high school.

4. We're planning several trips for March and April, and I'm really excited to get to all of these places before we leave Europe for good! The ones we're looking at are for Prague, London, Spain, Rome, and a trip to the Keukenhof (which is a HUGE flower garden in the Netherlands) with Jess. I'll post as soon as we've actually booked travel.

5. Lukas is starting to realize that there is fun to be had when he scoots himself around! He's loving flipping from back to front (which is making diaper changes tough) and has crawled backwards a few times now. Yesterday, I had Luke's poopy diaper opened and was just about to take it off when he decided that it was no fun to lie still. He arched his back to get away and managed to slam one of his legs down into the diaper - covering himself in poop from heel to cheek. Luckily Justin was there to help with cleanup.
Lukas also manages to keep himself pretty well occupied when I'm busy with chores or cooking. He spends time talking and cooing to things and trying to pick up small things. When sitting in front of his basket of toys, Luke always chooses the "I Love You Through and Through" book from the pile to pat and chew on. One of his favorite things is to be sitting in our rocker, cuddling and reading. We've been reading chapters our of the Beginner's Bible from Grandma Debbie before bed each day, and he seems to really enjoy that. Otherwise we'll read "Time for Bed" or "The Going to Bed Book."
Just a few days ago Reese was over clapping with Jess, so I thought it'd be fun to try with Luke and after a few times he copied me! I was shocked! Other than that, he's been doing alot of horse-like noises, ba-ba's (that I think sound like Blah-Blah's now.. hope that's not saying something about his mom :) ), ma-ma's and wow's.

6? 7?.
I'll post again later.. this one's getting wayyy to long!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Welcome to the world of bloggers, I knew you'd have to cave eventually.