Friday, April 17, 2009

Things I love Part 2

a.) Tosca Reno













Almost 50 and in amazing, AMAZING shape. And she wasn't always that way. Mother of 3, changed her eating habits, started working out, and wrote a bajillion books about how she did it. I'm planning on buying her Eat Clean Diet Cookbook and the one for Families and Children. I'll let you know how they are.
b.) Suze Orman






Maybe it's the jackets, maybe it's the "girlfriend" use. Whatever it is, I LOVE Suze Orman. She gives wonderful financial advice, she's down-to-earth, and I feel like she actually cares about the everyday person. I own two of her books Women and Money and The Young Fabulous and Broke book. I recommend them both highly.


c.) Oxygen Magazine




I love this magazine because it shows you (with no BS) how to get ripped as a woman. I used to have a subscription to Shape, but there was so much makeup/fashion and so little actual workout/nutrition. Oxygen has excellent advice in my opinion and even a column written by near 50-year-old Tosca Reno. It shows you that having a rock-solid body is completely do-able and the right mix of nutrition/weights/cardio that you need to do it. Now, I just need to get my piglet of a husband on the right side and convince him to stop bringing home Almond Joys and ice cream for me. I'm so weak..............


c.) Music
Okay, everybody loves music, but here are some favorites (especially for working out)
1. Katy Perry One of the Boys
2. Justin Timberlake Future Sex Love Sounds
3. Breaking Benjamin
4. Britney Spears Circus & Blackout
5. Flyleaf .. I was introduced to this group via Rock Band and a few of their songs are awesome for getting through a tedious workout session. I especially like "I'm so sick," "Fully Alive," and "All Around Me"
6. Mercy Me I LOVE Emmanuel.
7. Miley Cyrus "See you Again"
8. Kanye West "Stronger," "Jesus Walks," & "The New Workout Plan" (That one makes me laugh at the people on Ellipticals.. I imagine that they are the ones the song is about. Don't ask me why.)
9. Rihanna "Please Don't Stop the Music"
10. System of a Down "Toxicity"
11. Three Days Grace

No comments: