Friday, July 24, 2009

Some new Luke developments

Luke spent the night at Grandma Debbie's last night. It was my first night alone without Luke since his birth last year, and it was pretty nice. I worried that he would do all of his new bad behaviors with Debbie (screaming for milk/off-limits things, waking in the middle of the night), but he was "an angel."
Julie brought Russell over this morning and I found the two boys playing together in the living room when I arrived. The boys play really well together. Whatever one does, the other wants to do. Here they are climbing on furniture and gazing at the fake fish lamp. :)




(Luke cheesing at Debbie through a window)


(Luke puts anything and everything into his mouth now)
Luke took his first steps on Friday the 17th. I was cooking dinner and out of the corner of my eye I saw him let go of the stove and take two steps toward one of the dogs. I cried and hugged him. I've tried encouraging him to take steps toward me, but he'll only take steps when he's launching himself in between pieces of furniture.




2 comments:

Jesse said...

I love the last picture of him, his face is hilarious! I'm glad you were able to have a much deserved night off.

The Kendall Family said...

Go Baby Luke!!! I'll say that while I can...time flies! He is getting so big:) Can't wait to see him in person soon! Good for you for getting a night to yourself! xoxo, bec