Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Devin is 4 weeks old!

Devin turned 4 weeks last Sunday! He's getting so big so fast and though he hasn't been weighed in awhile, I'm pretty sure he's up over 8 pounds. Devin started cooing at around 3 weeks and had his first awake smile the at right around 1 month. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it :) It totally transformed his face and melted my heart and turned on all those mushy feelings I've been waiting for since he was born. I don't know about everyone else, but the stress after birth of a newborn crying to be fed/changed/rocked/held does NOT turn on my maternal bonding instinct. But seeing him smile, boy, that sure did. :)

I think Devin has a normal temperment; He has good 2-3 hour blocks where he fusses every day and he really just wants to be held ALL the time. Devin cries alot, but I am pretty sure it's at the same level as other babies. I really don't have alot of experience with that since Luke was WAY EASY in comparison. I just keep in mind that this hard part where we don't have a schedule or really know eachother will be over soon.

Anyway, he's growing well, managed to avoid getting sick, and hitting all of his milestones right on time.