Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Devin Is Here


1-24-10

Devin Miles Lemmon arrived at 11:30am on Sunday, January 24th after 13.5 hours of labor. He weighed in at 6lbs 8.1oz and was 19 inches long. At first he had a little breathing difficulty because of fluid, so he was taken to the nursery for about 4 hours for observation. My nurse was Lori (she was an angel helping me through the bad part of labor) and I had a nice, short stay in the hospital - we were out a little over 24 hours later. Devin was born with lots of black hair, just like his brother and my first impression of him was that he was so unbelievably tiny. Everyone commented on how much hair he has and 2 weeks later it is starting to fall out. :(


He is now 2.5 weeks old and we are starting to get into a nice rhythm. Devin sleeps very well at night (usually 11-3 then until 6). Lukas is very loving to Devin, wanting to hold, hug and kiss him all the time. I'm pretty sure these two are going to be best buds in the coming years. Devin doesn't seem to be colicky at all, though he does like to eat ALL the time. He wets out of his diapers pretty frequently. I think that it is because I only bought diapers that fit 8+ lb babies.
It's funny how much less you worry about or agonize over when you are past your first child. I remember bathing Luke much more frequently and keeping track of every feeding/diaper change/etc. As long as he seems healthy, I'm not going to get excited :)
There isn't too much more to say. Devin eats/sleeps/poops and that's about it for now. Luckily we've had lots of snow so Justin hasn't been able to go to work - meaning I have extra help! I am a little bit nervous about when he goes back to work. Surviving a day with a 19 month old and a newborn solo is going to be a challenge!

No comments: