Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tales from the Week 11/7-11/13

The weather is getting cooler around here, which means it's my favorite time of year - SWEATER TIME!! That's right. Time to hide the tummy jiggle I got from overindulging. Still haven't decided if I am going to throw healthy eating to the wind and just jump on the New Year's resolution bandwagon with everyone else.


We love transferring dirt from grow box to bike compartment!!
I have been getting the boys out as much as possible before it starts to get bitter cold out. They drive me crazy much less when we've had some time to play in nature. Lukas has been doing great getting to preschool, but Justin's training is starting to get to him. Some days (especially the Monday after a weekend) Lukas cries and gets really upset when Justin leaves. So I take him to the window to wave goodbye to Daddy and generally I can promise that he'll be home to eat dinner with him or tuck him into bed. Sometimes Justin just makes it in time to give Luke a kiss on the forehead before I shut out the lights. Luke is doing an awesome job listening and helping out lately and had a few funny phrases this week. He has started using the word "perhaps" and has been asking me where babies come from/if I have a baby in my tummy. Side note, HELL NO I DON'T. I'm not sure where the interest is coming from. 


On Friday I was able to visit a friend that had her second baby a few weeks ago and bring them a meal. It was great to chat and catch up because she moved to a base that is close by a few months ago. Devin also said his longest sentence to date that day: "NO TOUCH THE POOP!" I think that's an important phrase for all children to understand.

Justin worked on Saturday, so I took the boys out for a fall photo session. Devin was mostly uncooperative, but it's the age. I'm so happy that Luke seems to be moving past the age 2/3 hell that Devin has dove headfirst into. Later in the day we did some crafts with the kids and chillaxed. Saturday evening Justin and I went out solo while a very nice guy from drill team training stayed home with the kids. We ate at Ray's Hell Burger and it was excellent. I can't wait to go back - supposedly it's the Prez's favorite burger place, too. That's it for this week!



No comments: