Monday, December 5, 2011

Tales from the Week 11/28-12/4

Lost pictures from my Ipod of graduation last week:



This week was incredibly eventful! It started off slowly since the boys and I had gotten some kind of cold/cough thing, so we were resting. Justin went to a lunch meeting for his new job as a Crossfit instructor on base on Monday.

I got up around 5:30 Tuesday morning to take some friends to the airport for their month-long trip to Jamaica. My friend is from Jamaica and she and her family recently got orders to move to Idaho - probably one of the coldest assignments you can get. I am glad she is spending a month down their to soak up some sun before she leaves, but still a little envious of her tropical trip :)

Tuesday night I got a call from another friend that needed to take her little girl to the ER. She asked if I could come over to watch the baby while she left with her preschooler. The boys were already down and I was pleasantly surprised when I came over to find out that the baby was pretty much ready to go to sleep for the night! And happily, while the little girl was very sick (she had just coughed up blood and was on antibiotics for suspected whooping cough), she didn't need to be admitted. It was nice to have an opportunity to help these friends out who have been such wonderful friends to me before they ALSO leave for their new base later this month.




 Wednesday was kind of a blur and the weather had been crummy, so I was probably inside trying to get the boys not to kill each other. Devin had taken to kicking Lukas with his cast while Luke was quietly minding his own business. Devin is also in a not-sharing kind of age, which makes things really painfully screamy around here.

Here Lukas is showing off his reindeer ornament craft. He's been really into crafting things. Note: I tried the same craft with Devin, but he decapitated the reindeer after ripping off its antlers. It was gruesome. Lukas has been telling me lately that he isn't big enough for certain things, but then right away tell me is is "Half-Big" and will someday be big enough. Devin's favorite new words are "Punkerpain" and "Punkerdoodle." Devin is also very dancy and singy. He loves "Twinkle Star" and forces me to sing this to him often. And before I forget this, Devin also insists on saying the blessing with us at dinner time and mumbles "heavenly father amen" over and over while Justin is talking.

My stack of Christmas cards!
I filled out Christmas cards this week. Like every year before, this was a solo activity. I requested help from Justin with addressing or signing them, but he was quick to tell me how he needed to leave shortly for work. For the next fifteen minutes, Justin sat like this at the dinner table: (yes, that's him playing on his iphone, probably checking Facebook)

Bad, bad lazy bad husband!!

The leg cleaning kit! Packed for our Dr. trip.
 Thursday we had the cast removed!!! It was pretty disgusting on the inside (did I mention Devin soaked his cast 3 or 4 times?) and stunk, but I inquired as to whether or not the tech had seen gross-er casts and she said YES, definitely. And that made me feel better. Devin's foot was super-sensitive to the touch and he kept telling me "No mama. Hurts." while I was trying to clean and inspect it. The doctor didn't have much to say other than that we will watch and aggressively do physical therapy to slow or hopefully stop and regression. On the way back from the Dr. I got a call that Justin had to work until about 9:30 that night, so I went home and spent the rest of the day playing with the boys and procrastinating on stuff I needed to do.
Lukas building a road.

 Justin got home that night and I went out to get some last-minute sale things for the boys at Toys R Us. Did you know they don't close until 11pm!? That's crazy and made me feel a little bit like a nutso consumer to be shopping so late at night, but I really do like to save money and all this junk is sold out online.

Friday night we checked out the latest Harry Potter from the quickflix kiosk and that was freaking incredibly hard to follow. There were all these references to the earlier movies that I couldn't remember and I really felt my lack of actually reading the series int his movie. I may have to go to the library and check them out..

                                                                                   Saturday and Sunday Justin left around 11 to go to work and got home around 10 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. It was a little sad to lose our weekend, but I tried to make the best of it and took the boys to Target to pick out a movie - Santa Buddies. It was cute. Until next week!!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

If it makes you feel better Nate was supposed to be in charge of addressing the cards since I did everything else and I of course ended up addressing them myself one night so I could get them mailed in time. And your boys are cute, stinky legs or not :)

Sarah said...

That does make me feel better :) I just got your Christmas card in the mail.. Reese has the most gorgeous eyes and Finn is so handsome. I need some family pics that look like that!