Sunday, February 19, 2012

A week in the Life 2/11-2/18

It's been another week with the kidlets without Justin here. Surprisingly, after an initial adjustment period of the kids just being bad (fighting a lot), it has been pretty easy.

Devin likes wearing Justin's hats

 Saturday evening I wanted to do something fun and different with the kids, so I took their finger paints from Nana and Grandpa into their bathroom, taped some sheets of paper to the wall and let the kids go to town. This turned out to be an awesome idea. It was fun for the kids who were stuck inside and easy to clean.


Devin dancing
 On Sunday we visited with a friend and it was nice for me to get some adult time in. Monday was Costco day and the guy at checkout charged me for an extra thing of strawberries that I didn't get. This is one reason I don't like to do grocery shopping with the kidlets.


Luke's Valentine Box


Tuesday was Luke's Valentine's Day party at preschool, but I had already scheduled a PT appointment for Devin and couldn't make it. Because parties are a parent-participation activity, I ended up dropping off Luke's valentines, taking him with me to Bethesda and then picking up the valentines after we got back. It was a pretty relaxed trip aside from the parking nightmare that usually awaits me at the hospital. It may make sense financially to have merged Walter Reed and Bethesda, but it really really sucks for the patients. Walter Reed never had parking and it looks like they've brought that problem with them to Bethesda. I literally feel like I might get stress-induced ulcers from that experience.

The rest of the week was pretty chill. We went to Target and got the new Winnie the Pooh movie - which I didn't think was good in comparison to the original. Devin has finally bonded with his blue blanket. Oh, and I made a sand table out of the broken water table on our deck. This has kept the boys occupied for hours!!
The biggest announcement of the week is that I believe Devin IS POTTY TRAINED! This has had nothing to do with me. I haven't pushed it like I did with Luke mostly because I've been a much more lazy parent with number 2. I was content to let this happen naturally.. Well, one day he just started ripping off his diapers whenever I put them on him and running to the potty to do his business. In a week he has had a total of 3 or 4 accidents. I can't take him anywhere with a diaper on, because he will rip it off - which has made playground and his PT visit very interesting. I cancelled my Amazon mom diaper subscription and have almost shed a tear of joy to say goodbye (at least to daytime) diapers.

Till next time!

No comments: