Monday, March 9, 2009

Justin is an old fart!

Justin turned 25 on Friday, and he's already started acting his age. I asked him to help out with something or other around the house and he said that he was too old to be doing physical labor. We celebrated early.. I think on Tuesday, because I received Justin's last gift in the mail. I gifted him a new motorcycle jacket, vest, cd, and a couple of books. Needless to say, the jacket was his favorite gift. Though, he did very much enjoy his new Scent Blocker T-shirt and paraphernalia from Jess and Nate. To celebrate we had ice cream cake; I was able to eat it for the next four days.. MMMmm.

Justin showing off his Ass-ets


In other news:
We attended the Annual Awards Ceremony on Saturday night. Justin didn't take home the award, but we had a decent free dinner. We left our cell phones at home, so had no way to contact Luke's babysitter and vice versa. I was anxious the entire evening and left without Justin as soon as I got the chance. So anxious that I got caught in security force's Saturday night drunk-driver speed trap. The damage wasn't bad, just got a little pink slip from the cops for doing 50km in a 40km. That's going 31mph in a 24mph zone. So, Justin has to go in front of his first shirt to atone for his wife's gross traffic violation. There aren't any fines for speeding on base, in case you were wondering.


Luke is sick! I took him to the doctor today and he's got a minor viral respiratory infection that we won't be treating with medicine. I thought Luke surely had croup or bronchitis, but guess that's just the mom in me overreacting.
Side Note:
Everyone says Luke's a big boy. Now I've had a doctor confirm it. The first thing the doctor said after I undressed Luke was that it was a good thing Luke was so big, as he could easily survive 3-4 days on his fat stores should he be too ill to eat. NOW, I don't know if that was a compliment, but then the doctor went ahead and told me that it'll be a problem when he gets over two and that Americans have difficulties with obesity. Then he went into a weird story about how Russians like fat babies because of all the food problems they've had historically. And that they need to make sure not to stuff their babies like turkeys. Comments and stories like these are typical of German doctors. It's funny and I think they like to show off their English skills. My OB/GYN did the same sort of thing when I was pregnant.

Sick Lutas


Have a great week!

No comments: