Thursday, March 12, 2009

8 Months Old

My boy is getting sooo big. Luke is 8 Months old now and as wonderful as ever. I can say that 'cause I'm his mom. I take him out and about and every German comments on how friendly and smiley he is. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about how blessed we've been with Lukas.

Luke hardly stays on his back anymore now that he's figured out that it is possible to move around. It's making diaper changes tough, since he arches his back to roll over and ends up getting a leg or foot covered in poop. I think it's worth it though, especially seeing how excited Justin was by it. He's really been wanting a BOY boy, one that'll want to move around alot, but Luke is really chill and is more of a social talk-y kind of baby.

Well, I finally took Luke for his very first haircut today. His hair was getting ridiculously long and hard to control, so I brought him to a German salon (the same one I go to). The male owner of the place ended up cutting Luke's hair and he was really fantastic. I think that he did a great job. One of the other employees ended up grabbing a stuffed Ernie doll and distracting Luke by playing with it. We both got alot of laughs :) She commented on how Luke is already looking like a boy. Both she and the gentleman that cut Luke's hair wanted to hold him and I always appreciate that kind of help. Germans L-O-V-E babies. They aren't so common here as in the States and everywhere you go, everyone will smile at your baby, try to talk to him or her, and even sometimes want to hold them.

Here are the before and after pictures of Luke. Enjoy!






1 comment:

The Kendall Family said...

I love his little haircut!! So cute!