Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Things I love

There are a few things in life that I completely, totally enjoy. I thought that I'd share them with all of you and maybe you'd love them too!

1.) Real Maple Syrup

I feel sorry for you if you've never tasted real maple syrup. It has a silky texture and its flavor really puts Aunt Jemima and Hungry Jack to shame. Here is a picture of the last buttermilk pancake from the mix Julie sent us for Christmas, as well as the last of the maple syrup. It's been my treat every Saturday or Sunday morning since Christmas to enjoy it with french toast or chocolate-chip pancakes. MMmmm.

2.) Hyland's Teething Tablets
I think if miracles happened nowaday's, one of them would have to be these teething tablets. There's been many an hour of sleep saved by these little babies and in my opinion they are worth their weight in gold. Plus, they're homeopathic and made of all-natural ingredients so I don't have any feelings of guilt from accidentally drugging my child with Tylenol when teeth really weren't the problem. AND - they work instantly. LOVE THEM.
3.) Lipton's White Tea w/ Island Mango and Peach Flavor I have one to two cups of this tea or green tea each day. It smells fruity and delicious, warms me up and calms me down. Plus, the pyramid bags look really cool.




4.) Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred DVD

Super challenging 23-minute workouts in 3 difficulty levels on this DVD. I do this when I don't feel like going to the gym (which is always). All you need are 2 3-5 pound hand weights. Plus, the DVD is less than $10 on Amazon. Definitely the best piece of workout junk that I've ever bought. It's been a lifesaver since I can't bring the baby to the weight room. I no longer use the mother's room at the gym as there are just too many +2 children running around making noise. I like to get in a zone when I do exercise and it's impossible for me with so many distractions. I should've added jogging stroller to the list, since it's allowed me to get some running in.

5.) Fit Bottomed Girls Blog

The two women that write this blog remind me that working out should be fun. They're funny, post every day, and write excellent reviews on workout DVD's and equipment. One of them is also traning for a half-marathon! Ours got pushed back to May 9th, but she's running hers in 2 weeks.

Well, these are several things that are part of my regular routine. Hope you decide to check them out!
I'm going to add a part 2 in a little bit. I've remembered some things that should go on this list. :)








1 comment:

The Kendall Family said...

I like #2 and #3 as well!! Lucas can come play while you go to the gym these next few weeks!!