Monday, January 23, 2012

2 + Weeks in the Life 1/8-1/23




So, the Very Bad Thing about not writing a blog post in a couple weeks is you sort of forget everything that happened in that time frame. We had our first snowfall, which the kids have had a great time playing in. Justin went to NYC for four days to scout out drill team performance locations. Justin also had his very first gig with drill team on the 21st. He got to do the narration during a half time show at a basketball game downtown. Justin was very excited and pretty nervous too - which was cute :) He spent a good two hours practicing with me the night before.


Lukas has surprised me constantly with his lego creations. He spells out the letter "L" in legos (which he knows is the first letter of his name), the number "5," and he has created everything from tractors to airports to tow trucks. Legos were seriously the best present ever for him. Devin does not do much with them besides knock them down after Luke has finished a masterpiece. Devin the Destroyer has also taken to screaming "I'm GONNA GET YOU LUKAS!!" and "Here I COME LUKAS!!" Then jumping on, kicking and punching Lukas WWE-style. I feel so bad for my sweet, good-natured Lukas, but he usually does a great job ignoring Devin or defending himself. 


 I have been spending alot of time on my Paleo Cents blog and have experimented with new recipes, including making lard out of the fat from our pastured pig and making homemade soybean-free mayo. We are currently going through a Whole 30 Challenge that eliminates all sugar, grains, legumes and dairy. While it was tough at first, I'm now closing out day 19 and feeling like a million bucks. I go to the Health and Wellness Center at the end to get my body fat percentage change checked and am very excited for that!!
So, that's pretty much all for now :) I will be blogging next Sunday, promise.

No comments: