Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week in the Life 1/1-1/8 Happy New Year!!

We have had a lazy and awesome start to our New Year. The first day was spent just chilling around the house, cooking healthy recipes and thinking about all the things we want to do this year.
We came up with a list like this:

* Do more sightseeing
* Fill up our savings account
* Do a better job with Devin's PT, which includes Justin taking a bigger role
* Lean out (me.. I realized a few days later that this was a really vague resolution, so I changed it to making better eating choices every day and exercising more frequently)
* Compete in the Crossfit Games (Justin later realized he'll be away at camp while this is happening, so he started competing in WOD Club.. more on this later)
* Nighttime potty train Luke and daytime potty train Devin

Justin signed up to compete in WOD Club's open online crossfit competition. He did the first of three workouts three times during this week and pretty much spent the rest of the week checking his standings and watching other competitor's videos. I did suggest that he start studying for his next promotion test which will happen sometime in February.

Devin went back to physical therapy and we used bubbles for the first time to get him to try to pop the bubbles with his toes thus using muscles we've been trying to get him to activate. It was a ton of fun and he's doing well with this. He can definitely do this on his uninjured side and I have hope that he'll be doing it on the injured side soon.

I spent much of the week doing work for a Whole 30 diet challenge, blogging about my eating, and going to our health and wellness center for a weigh-in and body fat percentage check. I am so excited to go back in 30 days. During my visit to the health and wellness center I met a very nice lady who introduced me to the brand new and totally free massage chair. It is set in a room with a tropical painted theme, fountain and music. And it is awesome. Let's just say I can't wait to go back and get my massage on.

Friday I got to see a good friend who just returned from a month-long vacation to her home in Jamaica. This has made me determined to go on some sort of tropical warm weather vacation this year.

This whole week has been unseasonable warm and we've taken advantage of it by hanging at the playground and playing in the backyard. Not many pictures this week, but I hope you all have been enjoying your first week of the New Year. Here's to new beginnings and sticking to those resolutions!!


No comments: