Monday, April 9, 2012

3/26-4/9

These last couple of weeks have been pretty busy! We had a dear friend Kristen Spencer visit us from Las Vegas. She brought her adorable and very happy baby Laila with her. Most of our time was spent just relaxing with the kids and I am a little afraid we bored her to tears, but I'm sure she'll forget and visit us again soon. I got to see the Hunger Games in theaters and went to the Cheesecake Factory - which was AWESOME - so good times were had.

While Kristen was here Lukas broke out into a really bad case of hives that I'm not sure what caused. This marks the fourth case of hives in a year and each time it has been worse and worse. This last time the hives were head to toe and in bright angry red patches. This was also the first time he ever actually itched them until he removed skin. I saw his primary care doctor and she agreed to give us a referral to see an allergist. We'll see where that takes us.

In other news, I had to take Lukas out of preschool because of continuous fights to get him there. Every time we would go to leave he would tell me all of his shoes were too tight and his feet hurt, or that he wanted a specific sweater that was unavailable because it was being washed. After I withdrew him, he started to tell me things like he was sad at school and kids would take his toys or hit him. I'm glad that he's not going anymore and I wish he would've said something like that a couple months ago when the fights started!

Everything is going well with work with Justin. There is a possible trip to Norway in the future, which would be cool for him. I am just wanting the weather to get a little warmer one of these weekends so that we can go to Ocean City ;)

I have been spending most of my free time looking at houses online or watching DIY network home remodeling videos or reading some crazy cool books like "Country Wisdom and Know-How." I want some chickens someday! Maybe that makes me a hippy..

No comments: