Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Balanced Bites Seminar + A whirlwind trip home

The boys in the fall leaves outside mom & dad's house
 On Friday I drove up to NY as I had a seminar in Rochester to attend. This was my first nutrition seminar and I had an A-W-E-S-O-M-E time learning.. and I think the woman who ran the seminar bored the crap out of the people who signed up and thought it was going to be a simple this-is-how-you-lose-weight or fuel athletes type of seminar. It was run by a woman named Diane Sanfillipo, author of Practical Paleo and blog writer at Balanced Bites. She's a big traditional foods (organ meats, bone broth, cod liver oil, etc etc.) advocate. Robb Wolf (the big guy at the moment in paleo) is putting together a weekend-long nutrition certification in the works that I hope to someday attend too!
Outside of CrossFit Rochester.. seminar host.

Practical Paleo! Autographed!

I also had the pleasure of watching the Obama: 2016 movie - which is now available at quickflix kiosks. It was a bit slow-moving, but VERY eyeopening. You'll learn some things about your president that will shock you.

I also was able to go to bible study at Justin's parent's house, which was great. I get to learn, the kids get to see their cousins, and I get to chat with all the Lemmons/Martins/Shofkoms/Burns :) It's great to catch up face to face.. there's something lacking in digital communication.

Justin was off of work Monday, but I saw another mouse running from the pantry to under the couch in our toy room so I spent the morning cleaning instead of going out. Justin also was feeling sick that day, so that was a further reason to stay in. 

I watched the last presidential debate last night.. not sure why since I always end up biting my nails or unable to fall asleep thinking about the direction the country is going or going over what each of the candidates said. Glad that was the last one! I've already cast my vote, so I wasn't watching as an undecided.

Anyway, sorry for all the broken thoughts! Just trying to type this up quickly before I forget to.




The drive back from Rochester. I love the fall leaves ~