Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happiness in a Cup

 For Luke's "homeschool" today, we have been reading The Rag Coat. It's a story about a girl in Appalachia who loses her coal-mining dad to black lung disease. We talked about coal and then read a book called My Grandfather's House, which is a book about a boy who loses his grandfather. I think this kind of backfired because Luke thought I was telling him that his grandpa was going to die and got a little upset. We moved on quickly to the tune of Devin chirping "I'm going to die!" I guess I'm not very good at explaining this kind of stuff to kids and won't bring it up for awhile.
Cleaning up under the stove.
 After a walk the boys "helped" me clean up under the stove and Lukas made this nifty sign for any mice that dare enter our house again. It says "NO" in the bottom right corner for NO MICE! Luke's idea.

Also, Justin got home and was craving something desserty so I made what he called: Happiness in a Cup. I get the impression that people think I eat pretty strictly. Here's some proof that's not the case.
It's a nuked chocolate brownie in a cup using this recipe: Chocolate Mug Brownie , a couple scoops of ice cream, syrup and cool whip. Pretty yummy. I did decrease the amount of sugar in the brownie mostly because I knew the ice cream would be sweet and I don't enjoy my teeth aching from sweetness.

Anyway, time for Arrow and Modern Family! Much more interesting than the debates last night. I already sent in my ballot, so I'm not really sure I care much more to watch any more election politics.