Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankenstorm

 Friday evening we went to the library for movie night to do something special. They have popcorn and give out capri suns, which are a very special treat for the boys. The movie was Coraline and it was kind of creepy and a little scary for a kid's movie. Both of the boys did great sitting through it and neither seemed scared.. I am getting a little weirded out by Luke's recall abilities though, so I'm going to be a lot more conscious about filtering what he hears. I had some talk radio on the other day and during a break there was a news segment during which suicide bombers were mentioned. So, he hands me a drawing that he did today (Monday) of him as a good guy shooting a bad guy who he called a bomber man..
 Saturday we visited Summer's Farm with our friend Carrie and her daughter KK. Carrie's husband is also on the drill team, so we're good company on these weekends without the guys. I enjoyed the kettle corn and doughnuts again this year and the kids had a great time.

Sunday I spent the day doing laundry since I had mountains of it and didn't want to be without clothes if the power went out. Also, I did a pretty fair amount of cooking of chicken and steak and stuff to have pre made in the fridge even though we've got a gas stove and can cook when we need to. I splurged on some k-cups for my keurig recently and have been enjoying my morning coffee that way, but my backup tea kettle and french press are good-to-go :)
Windy and cold, but not dangerous here yet.. Around 2pm.
Today we've been hanging around the house since it's a little too yucky to go out. Justin's flight was cancelled, but I'm happy. I wasn't looking forward to him flying into the awful weather here.. I need to stop writing blog posts and watching episodes of Revenge at the same time since I can't write well with divided attention ;)