Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surveying the damage

Inspecting for damage.
After breakfast this morning, the boys and I wanted to survey the damage from the storm. I spent the night in the boys' room since it was too noisy in mine to fall asleep, so I was expecting something to be wrecked or overturned outside. We found nothing damaged other than a post missing from our fence. Lukas did delight in finding different nicks in the wall that he attributed to the hurricane (but were really the result of the kids playing in the house over the last 3 years).

Best and easiest way to get kids to eat veggies. Luke demolished his.
 After discovering that nothing was really wrong, the desire to get some rain boots hit me. I would take the boys out to play in the rain, but it's cold and unpleasant when my feet get soaked. So, I headed to Target. While I sadly didn't find any rain boots I did find Dr. Bronner's Baby Soap that I've been looking for for a long time!! The store has always been out, so I picked up a bottle while I had the chance.
Yippee! Expensive, but worth it.
 The other super cool awesome thing that happened was that I picked up an area rug to cover the front entryway since it's been getting awfully muddy and gross. The rug was tucked into a $12.99 shelf, but rang up at $24.99 at the register. I that I didn't want it at that price and that it must've been in the wrong section, buuut a supervisor walked by and gave me the rug for $12.99! She said I probably had the price right, and if not, that it was their fault for not having it in the right section. LOVE that attitude ;)
My new rug.. the picture doesn't do it justice :)

Anywho, Justin may be on a late flight home tonight, but it is space-a and military air, so I don't have a ton of confidence in him arriving home this evening.

The rest of the day should be spent eating shrimp and other random stuff I've been cooking up.